As we work together to remove the risk of loose fill asbestos insulation from our community, the Taskforce and ACT Government will:
- support those directly impacted
- work closely with trades people, industry and interest groups
- provide regular media briefings
- directly engage with neighbours and surrounding residents
- engage with the broader community.
The Taskforce will facilitate public forums and community engagement activities as the Buyback and Demolition Scheme is implemented.
Promotion of engagement activities will occur through media outlets, this website, social media and the regular newsletter.
Upcoming Engagement EventsShowing 1 - 3 of 3 Engagement Events
ONGOING PROGRAM - Mr Fluffy Walking Group
The Fluffy Walkers Group has been walking since August 2014 and is still going strong. The group meets every second Sunday, providing an opportunity for Mr Fluffy homeowners, tenants and other affected people to get together for a walk, chat and a coffee. The 40-45 minute walk takes place along the walking/cycle path at Weston Park and all are welcome to join us afterwards for a chat.
Venue: Weston Park – Meet at the cafe side of the car park at 10am if you wish to join the walk or at the Yarralumla Gallery and Oaks Brasserie at 11am for coffee and a chat. When: 10am every second Sunday. More information: Contact Rosemary at email@example.com
ONGOING PROGRAM - Cool Little Kids, Cool Kids & Health in Mind
Child and Family Centres run a range of early intervention programs for children’s mental health, wellness and resilience, including:
- Cool Little Kids: a group for parents of children 3-8 years, helping them to learn strategies to assist with their anxious child.
- Cool Kids: a group for primary school children aged 8-12 years, focusing on teaching them better ways to manage anxiety.
- Health in Mind - Child Mental Health Service: a free counselling service for children under 12 years of age who are experiencing a mild to moderate mental health condition.
Venue: Child and Family Centres located in Gungahlin, Tuggeranong and West Belconnen.
More information: Referral to these programs is through the intake worker at the regional Child & Family Centres:
- Gungahlin Child and Family Centre - phone: 6207 0120
- Tuggeranong Child and Family Centre - phone: 6207 8228
- West Belconnen Child and Family Centre - Phone: 6205 2904
Asbestos Safety and Eradication Summit
The Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency is holding its most important event to date, the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Summit which will take place at Old Parliament House, Canberra from the 26 - 28 November 2017.
The Summit will focus on the direction for Australia's next National Strategic Plan to eradicate asbestos-related diseases and will bring together local and international experts in asbestos management, health, advocacy and governance to lead the discussion.
Early bird prices are available until 20 October, so register now to be a part of the interactive workshops, gain up to date knowledge on asbestos awareness and management, and network with government officials, industry experts and peak body leaders during exciting social events.
For more information and registration details visit www.asbestossafety.gov.au/asbestossummit2017.