As we work together to remove the risk of loose fill asbestos insulation from our community, the Taskforce and ACT Government will:
- support those directly impacted
- work closely with trades people, industry and interest groups
- directly engage with neighbours and surrounding residents
- engage with the broader community.
The Taskforce will continue to facilitate engagement activities as needed in relation to the demolition and sales programs.
Upcoming Engagement EventsShowing 1 - 2 of 2 Engagement Events
ONGOING PROGRAM - Mr Fluffy Walking Group
The Fluffy Walkers Group has been walking since August 2014 and is still going strong. The group meets every second Sunday, providing an opportunity for Mr Fluffy homeowners, tenants and other affected people to get together for a walk, chat and a coffee. The 40-45 minute walk takes place along the walking/cycle path at Weston Park and all are welcome to join us afterwards for a chat.
Venue: Weston Park – Meet at the cafe side of the car park at 10am if you wish to join the walk or at the Yarralumla Gallery and Oaks Brasserie at 11am for coffee and a chat. When: 10am every second Sunday. More information: Contact Rosemary at email@example.com
ONGOING PROGRAM - Early intervention and mental health programs for children
Child and Family Centres run a range of mental health, wellness and resilience programs for children.
Referral to these programs is through intake workers located in Gungahlin, Tuggeranong and West Belconnen:
- Gungahlin Child and Family Centre - 02 6207 0120
- Tuggeranong Child and Family Centre - 02 6207 8228
- West Belconnen Child and Family Centre - 02 6205 2904
For more information visit the Community Services website.