Do I need to use a conveyancing solicitor?

The Taskforce strongly recommends you engage a conveyancing solicitor to assist you with the contract process. However, you are required to at least obtain independent legal advice from a qualified legal practitioner holding a current practising certificate in respect to the waiver of future legal action against the Commonwealth and Territory Governments in relation to the property (but not personal injury).

The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.