How long will it take after lodging my application to participate in the voluntary Eligible Impacted Property Buyback Program before I can settle on my property?
The Taskforce is committed to assessing properties for eligibility as quickly as possible. Where a property is determined to be an Eligible Impacted Property and the owner is invited to apply for the voluntary Eligible Impacted Property Buyback Program, those applications will be processed as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The time to complete the sale process will depend on a number of factors including:
- the number of applications being processed
- the independent valuers and ability to arrange a suitable time for valuations with owners
- appeals and complaints processes
- third parties, including banks, solicitors and tenants
- arrangements for the sale of the relevant Affected Property.
At this stage it is anticipated that the processes from application to settlement will be between 6 and 12 weeks in duration, depending on the factors listed above.