- Timing - Why does the schedule only span three years to 2018 yet people can stay in their homes until 2020?
- Number Scheduled - Why are only 727 houses scheduled for demolition yet there are 1022 affected houses?
- Flexibility - What flexibility is there for my house to be included in the schedule or moved forward? How can my house be moved higher up the list? Why can't the schedule be changed?
- Transparency - Why have you only released the suburbs where demolition activity will take place and not the addresses of specific houses?
- Ongoing Engagement - How will I be advised when demolition activity is about to begin on my house or a house in my street?
- Criteria and Considerations - Why wasn’t the date of surrender one of the factors in the schedule? Why wasn’t First Right of Refusal (those seeking to return and rebuild) election the overriding priority for developing the schedule?
- Cost - How much is the demolition program going to cost? How much does it cost per house to undertake demolition?
- Resale or Repurchase - When will blocks be made available for sale on the open market? How can I repurchase my block?
- Valuations - I want to return to my block and rebuild. When will I receive my repurchase price/land value?
- Next steps - I am a homeowner and was intending to return to my block to rebuild. Having just received the demolition schedule I am now unsure what I should do. What are my next steps?
- What will the daytime noise be onsite?
- What will the night time noise be onsite?
- What does the Environment Protection Authority in the ACT require?
- What steps have been taken to minimise noise?
- Why the noise is necessary and a generous estimate for how long it will operate?
- Will there be works on a weekend?
- What is the risk that I have been exposed to loose fill asbestos insulation if I have lived Near a Mr Fluffy house?
- Can I use my air conditioner while a Mr Fluffy house is being demolished next door or nearby?
- What is the risk of being exposed to loose fill asbestos while a house nearby is being demolished?
- What can I do to protect my health when my neighbour’s house is demolished?
- Is there any screening or testing I can do to see if I have been exposed to loose fill asbestos insulation because I lived next door/in the same street?
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.