When do I need to comply with the new regulation?
Where a property is not being surrendered under the Buyback Program before 1 July 2016 the following key dates apply:
- By 1 February 2016 – asbestos management plan, prepared by a licensed asbestos assessor, needs to be submitted to WorkSafe ACT
- Within six (6) months – of the asbestos management plan assessment, any recommended work such as cleaning, sealing. locking and/or labelling needs to be undertaken by a licensed asbestos removalist
- Every two (2) years - a new asbestos management plan needs to be prepared and submitted to WorkSafe ACT
- Five (5) business days before –the commencement of any building or maintenance work that may disturb contamination in the roof space, wall cavity or sub-floor area, WorkSafe ACT must be advised
- After any building work or structural damage – that may have disturbed the asbestos contamination in the roof space, wall cavity or sub-floor area, a new asbestos management plan must be prepared
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.