I am a tradesperson, there is a warning sticker on the home I am working on, what do I do?

This indicates that the house is affected by loose fill asbestos insulation Mr Fluffy. You need to ensure you meet all of your obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and the Dangerous Substances Act 2004. At a minimum you should ask the owner to see the asbestos assessment report of the house if there is one.

Do not proceed with any work unless you have the appropriate training, equipment and supervision. In particular, do not undertake any work that may penetrate or expose a wall, floor, or ceiling cavity and do not enter the ceiling space or subfloor without the advice and supervision of a Class A licensed asbestos assessor.

If you are unsure of your obligations do not undertake work on the home and contact a licensed asbestos assessor for advice.

For more information visit the Access Canberra website.
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.