Safety and Regulation FAQs
Professionals entering houses
- Are there items that removalists are not allowed to move?
- Do I need to provide a copy of the assessor’s report to the removalist company?
- Do removalists require specialist equipment or training to move goods from a Mr Fluffy house?
- I am a tradesperson, there is a warning sticker on the home I am working on, what do I do?
- Which removalist companies can move my items?
- Does the removalist require specialist equipment or training to move goods from a Mr Fluffy house?
- Should I advise my removalist company that my house is a Mr Fluffy house?
- Do I need to provide a copy of the assessor's report to the removalist company?
- Do I need to prepare anything for the removal?
- Are there items that the removalist is not allowed to move?
- What will happen to the items I leave behind in my house?
- Can I sell any of my items at a garage sale?
- Are there any other issues that need to be considered?
- Where can I obtain more information about furniture removal?
Staying in the affected house
Asbestos Management Plans
- What is an asbestos management plan?
- What is the difference from the initial assessment I already have? Can I just use my current assessment report?
- Why do I need to do this?
- I am in the process of surrendering my house to the ACT Government through the Buyback Program. Do I need to have an asbestos management plan in place?
- When do I need to comply with the new regulation?
- What is the likely cost of the asbestos management plan and the management actions?
- Will the ACT Government pay for the preparation and implementation of the asbestos management plans?
- Will I receive assistance from the Taskforce to pay for this report or the works required?
- What work has been undertaken to ensure the asbestos industry will not ‘price gouge’ people affected?
- How do I know which assessor or removalist is able to undertake this work?
- What happens if I don’t put an asbestos management plan in place?
- Can I stay in my home indefinitely if I undertake these remediation works on a regular basis?
- Why do I need to provide my asbestos management plan to any visitor to my house?
- Why do I need to provide my asbestos management plan to WorkSafe ACT twice?
- Will everyone need to seal up their homes – will it mean down lights and vents need to be sealed?
- What if I need to undertake maintenance?
The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. To provide feedback or request an accessible version of a document please contact us or phone 13 22 81.