Managing your connection
There can be a range of reactions to learning you may have lived in, worked on or in, or even visited an affected property.
The ACT Chief Health Officer has advised that just because a person has been exposed to loose fill asbestos insulation does not mean they will necessarily develop an asbestos related medical condition.
For Further Information
- Check the list.
- Access supporting information, in particular:
- ACT Asbestos Health Study - Australian National University
- Dealing with the emotional impact of the Mr Fluffy legacy - presentation by Dr Rob Gordon
- Health and Support InfoSheets
- If you feel anxious or concerned access support through your General Practitioner, ACT Medicare Local on 6287 8066, Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636.