Managing your connection
There can be a range of reactions to learning you may have lived in, worked on or in, or even visited an affected property.
The ACT Chief Health Officer has advised that just because a person has been exposed to loose fill asbestos insulation does not mean they will necessarily develop an asbestos related medical condition.
There are a number of steps and recommendations to assist you manage your interest:
- Check the list.
- Access supporting information, in particular:
- Health and Wellbeing
- ACT Asbestos Health Study - Australian National University
- Dealing with the emotional impact of the Mr Fluffy legacy - presentation by Dr Rob Gordon
- Support InfoSheets
- If you feel anxious or concerned access support through your General Practitioner, ACT Medicare Local on 02 6287 8066, Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636.
- Visit Personal Support for more options.
Mr Fluffy asbestos was installed in the roof spaces of some houses and over time travelled to other areas such as wall cavities, underfloor spaces and living areas. The List identifies houses that are or were affected by Mr Fluffy or loose fill asbestos insulation. It contains no personal details of former or current owners, just addresses.