Relocation concessions

Relocation assistance grants

When a property affected by loose fill asbestos insulation is vacated, the owner-occupier or tenant becomes eligible for a relocation assistance grant. The grant can help you transition to a new home or living arrangement.

The relocation assistance grant is a lump sum payment of up to $10,000 per household plus $2,000 per dependant child living in the affected property.

Note: Where financial assistance has already been provided under the initial assistance package the amount will generally be reduced by the amount of the payment(s) made under the initial assistance package.

Owner-occupier applications

To apply:

Tenant applications

To apply:

Landlord/lessor applications

Landlords may apply for a lessor assistance grant of $5,000.

To apply:

If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your application, you can apply for a review by completing the Decision Review Request form (103.1 KB).

Eligible Impacted Property applications

Owner-occupiers and tenants of an eligible impacted property may be able to access:

Find out more in the Eligible Impacted Property Relocation Assistance Grant Guidelines (525.7 KB).

Moving assistance

Homeowners and tenants can access connection/disconnection concessions to help with the change-over of utilities. Find out about eligibility and concessions in:

Find out more about moving.

More information


Find out more about:

Contact us for more information.