A free therapeutic support group program hosted by CatholicCare provides a safe space for current and former homeowners and tenants of Mr Fluffy properties to connect, access support and information, and share experiences.
The group meets bi-monthly and is facilitated by trained psychologists. You may attend one or more sessions, and there is no obligation to attend all sessions.
A light supper is provided.
The group explores the impacts of long-term stress with helpful strategies and support networks.
Each session focuses on a different topic as listed below:
|14 September 2020||Understanding the effects of trauma and finding hope|
|9 November 2020||Is your thinking working with you or against you?|
|8 February 2021||The body and stress: using meditation to calm the mind|
|12 April 2021||Healing invisible wounds: the benefits of art therapy|
|14 June 2021||Healthy body, healthy mind|
|9 August 2021||Mindfulness and resilience: have fun with yoga|
If you feel anxious or concerned, get support from:
- your general practitioner
- Capital Health Network on 6287 8066
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
Find out more about:
- Mr Fluffy Therapeutic Support Group program
- support services in your area
- understanding the health risks
- list of affected properties
- asbestos awareness and safety
- practical support
- National Asbestos Exposure Register
Contact us for more information.