Mission and Terms of Reference
The CERG Mission is:
To identify and raise areas and topics related to the implementation and legacy of the Loose Fill Asbestos Insulation Eradication Scheme for the Taskforce on what can be provided for our wider community, service sector and industry - for now, for the future
We do this to:
Provide assurance, on the Community's behalf, that the people close to decision-makers are thinking about the right things at the right time.
The way we do this is by:
- Providing a conduit to the broad community and householder experience.
- Defining collective positions based on individual experience and representation.
- Providing input and perspective within the agreed Scheme rules and operating realities of the Taskforce.
- Challenging emerging positions, asking questions, and demanding answers.
- Responding to specific questions from the Taskforce - based on experience, or research the CERG may commission.
- Briefing the Chief Minister directly, and communicating with the Community generally, about CERG positions.
So that we ensure:
- The Chief Minister is assured by an independent group, outside of the Taskforce, on community and industry perspectives.
- The Taskforce is assisted to do its job in implementing the Loose Fill Asbestos Insulation Eradication Scheme and manage the legacy.
- Community and Experts are both represented and heard by Government.
What the CERG is not:
- A 'community' group; the CERG is a government 'reference' group.
- A decision-making body.
- A representative or platform for individual advocacy or organisational lobbying.
- Responsible for quality assurance of the Scheme decisions or operational process.
Terms of Reference
Download: CERG Terms of Reference (PDF, 1MB)