About the Public List of Affected Properties
The public release of the list of affected properties will enable former residents, tradespeople and the broader community to know whether particular properties are affected by Mr Fluffy loose fill asbestos insulation.
For nearly 50 years, houses affected by loose fill asbestos insulation or Mr Fluffy have been part of the Canberra community.
Over time many people have lived in, worked on or in, or visited affected houses and are interested to understand the issue and any associated risks to health. At the same time, many neighbours are interested to understand their proximity to properties.
The Taskforce has published the list of the 1022 affected properties which are eligible for the Buyback and Demolition Scheme. The Taskforce may, in time, add other known affected houses that were previously privately demolished or removed through natural disasters for historical reference.
- The Taskforce indicated early that the list would be published to meet the broader public interest in the affected properties and after the majority of current residents had opted in to the Government's Buyback Program or moved from the affected property.
- The list makes suburbs and addresses publicly available but personal details of current or former residents are not included.
- It is important to note that just because a person has been exposed to loose fill asbestos insulation does not mean they will develop an asbestos related medical condition.
- People are encouraged to check the list, access a range of supporting information sheets, record their details with the Taskforce and, if needed, seek advice from a health professional.
- If you feel anxious or concerned seek support and advice through your doctor, ACT Medicare Local on 6287 8066, Lifeline on 13 11 14 and Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636.
For Further Information:
- Check the list.
- Access supporting information.
- Consider recording your details with the Taskforce.
- If needed, seek support and advice from a health professional
- Find out more about the Taskforce engagement activities